Before making a booking, please read the booking conditions below. You will also be asked to confirm on the form that you have read and understood the notes on the accommodation (the ‘Yacht’ page of the web site) and fitness requirements (below).
Conditions of Booking
- A deposit of 25% is payable on booking and the balance is due 6 weeks before the start of the course. You will receive confirmation of your booking when your deposit has been received along with detailed information on what to bring and travel options to your place of departure.
- If you have to cancel your booking you will be liable for the full charge unless we succeed in re-letting it, in which case all monies will be returned. You are advised to take out holiday cancellation insurance.
- If a course has to be cancelled by Westbound Adventures you will receive prompt repayment of the cost of your course but not any travel costs you may have incurred by advance booking. You are again advised to take holiday cancellation insurance.
- Whilst every reasonable measure will be taken to ensure your comfort and safety, Westbound Adventures will not be held responsibe for death, personal injury or loss or damage to personal effects unless specifically caused by the negligence or wilful neglect of Westbound Adventures.
- Since you become a member of the crew while on board, the decisions of the Skipper are final in all matters concerning the operation and running of the yacht.
- All clients must give Westbound Adventures prior notice of any medical condition or disability which may adversely affect their ability to participate safely in their chosen course.
- Pets are not allowed on board and smoking is not permitted below deck.
- Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Are you fit for your RYA Course?
You should be sufficiently agile to transfer ship to shore in the dinghy and climb a vertical ladder on the side of a pier. Existing medical conditions need to be declared on the booking form but will seldom preclude your participation in RYA training.
If there are problems with the online form, or if you prefer, then to reserve a place on a course you can print out our BOOKING FORM, fill it in and send it to us with your deposit.